This course covers the fundamental principles, concepts and knowledge of disability support, learning specific skills and training in a range of areas including the needs of people with disabilities such as preparing food and helping with personal hygiene.
What job opportunities could you pursue?
- Direct Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Lifestyle Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Assistant in Nursing
- In-home Respite Care Worker
- Personal Caregiver and Support Worker
How Do I Become One?
- Current drivers licence and willingness to drive
- Current police clearances
- Contactable by telephone
- Access to a reliable, registered and insured (minimum of third party insurance) motor vehicle.
- Meet immunisation requirements as outlined by the state authority.
- A current first aid certificate.
- Certificate 4 in Disability
- Certificate 3 in Individual Support (Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community)