This healthcare-assistant course provides a strong foundation for support roles in health settings. You’ll learn to work with patients under supervision of professional health staff.
You will graduate with practical skills in a range of healthcare tasks and hospital duties, including:
- transporting patients
- preparing and maintaining beds
- following basic food safety practice
- infection control and prevention
- recognising healthy body systems
- basic medical terminology
- workplace health and safety.
This course includes a work placement in a healthcare environment to help you further develop your skills and gain direct industry experience.